Owlcat Games, developer studio behind hugely praised RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker, launched the Kickstarter campaign for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – that had been funded in just a few hours and has moved onto the stretch goals now. To celebrate the occasion, the company also unleashed a special trailer you can find above.
To stand against the demonic invasion, the player character and their companions will receive additional powers from the player’s chosen mythic path. These paths vary widely in nature and profoundly impact the storyline of the game, permanently changing the characters and the world around them. Players may choose the path of the immortal lich, wielding powerful spells and commanding an army of undead; the path of the trickster, causing mischief and finding fun even in the middle of the demon-filled abyss; the path of the angel, summoning celestial allies into battle and meting bolts of divine judgment upon foes; or something else entirely.
Some of the Pathfinder RPG classes that didn’t make into Kingmaker will debut in the Wrath of the Righteous. More classes and character options will be revealed in the near future.
The developers promise an improved visual style, a variety of locations including demon-infested wasteland and besieged cities. Wrath of the Righteous’s art will capture the epic fight of the world’s defenders as they struggle to hold the line against the corrupting force of otherworldly entities.
- Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game’s story.
- Challenge the mighty Demon Lords and close the portal to the demonic plane of existence known as the Abyss.
- Enjoy the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder first edition ruleset. Create any character imaginable by choosing one of ten races, picking a particular class out of the 21 available, each with five archetypes for even greater customization. Gain access to more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities, and select those that suit your playstyle. Take control of your party formation, help set up a camp, and find a way to victory by combining the strengths of your companions.
- Lead the armies of the Fifth Crusade to victory in a new strategic layer of gameplay. In addition to the classic CRPG experience, step into the role of the Commander, gather troops, reinforce your stronghold, and send your armies to battle the demonic invasion across the map of the region. Send your crusaders to explore ancient ruins and recover powerful artifacts.
- Experience a non-linear story about the cost of tremendous power that adventurers often seek, with tales of corruption caused by the demonic influence and redemption for those who have stepped on the wrong path.
- Meet a new diverse cast of characters, including ten companions to recruit to your party and featuring multiple romance options to choose from.
- Take control of five new classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch) and meet a new race–the half-undead dhampir–in addition to the previous roster from Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The number of archetypes per class has increased to five as well.
- Dive into the game even if you’re not familiar with the intricacies of the Pathfinder ruleset. Use an enhanced tutorial for newcomers to help you with character creation and get up to speed with the rules of the system.
- Explore the world with updated visuals and a 360-degree rotating camera added for better playability and immersion.
Below you can find the lists of stretch goals and social goals: