Phoenix Point is considered to be the “spiritual successor” to the original X-COM. Developers recently took their vision to FiG to seek backers to the tune of $500,000. The good news is that less than a week after FiG launched, the game has reached its initial goal.
But wait! That’s not all! Phoenix Point stretch goals
X-COM’s original developer, Julian Gollop, is the mind behind the game, so it is no wonder that many compare the two. Gollop believes in it so much that he’s even said that “it’s the game he’s been wanting to make since 1997’s X-COM: Apocalypse”.
Here is what we know so far:
- developed by Gollop’s Snapshot Games
- takes place in a large over-world
- features turn-based tactical combat as well as strategic play
- the game’s title refers to a secretive organization
- if funding reaches $650k, driveable vehicles will be added including troop carriers, artillery, etc.
If you’re interested, you should head to the FiG site to learn more!