Obsidian Entertainment has announced that Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch. Launch day is set for August 8th and it brings one of the most highly acclaimed RPGs of all time to portable devices. The game will set buyers back about $50, but our thinking is that that’s worth every penny for hours on hours of gameplay.
The Complete Edition features all of the released content, expansions, and DLC from the original PC version. The Switch version has been optimized for both couch play on the TV or in handheld mode. “Thoughtful updates to UI and controls” have been added as well to make the Switch version “just right” for the platform.
Pillars of Eternity was originally launched in early 2016 for PC with PS4 and XB1 versions added later. The Complete Edition made its debut in 2017.
About Pillars of Eternity
Gather your party, venture forth, and embrace adventure as you delve into a realm of wonder, nostalgia, and the excitement of classic RPGs with Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity!
- Award-winning writing, story, and artwork of Pillars of Eternity, along with the expanded world and content of The White March: Parts I & II.
- Expansive character creation that impacts your personal story with races, classes, and character backgrounds to choose.
- An epic universe to explore, filled with intriguing party members and companions, a variety of in-game factions, and a lovingly rendered world to traverse.
- All major updates from the original PC version, including a raised level cap, expanded party AI options, and new difficulty levels.
- The deep and classic Real-time with a Pause Combat system that feeds your inner tactician.