Rogue Planet Games has announced a significant update coming to PlanetSide 2. Expedition: Oshur will be launching in December for both PC and PlayStation 4. For the first time ever, players will have an entirely new continent to explore and defend. It further marks the arrival of water-based gameplay with battles now taking place on land, in the air, and under the sea.
“Rarely do we get to deliver players an entirely new combat space, and it’s been years since a playspace has been created at this scale,” said Michael Henderson, Lead Designer at Rogue Planet Games. “The team has done some amazing work bringing this to fruition, and I think our players are really going to dig it.”
Some of the features include:
- a full-featured water system
- water vehicles tread the surface of the sea
- infantry prowling the bottom of the ocean floor
- some aircraft can navigate underwater
- special weapons are especially useful underwater
- a two-fold campaign
- the PS2 9th anniversary starts November 17 with new missions and challenges
All of the details can be found on the PlanetSide 2 official site.