Rogue Planet Games has announced that the Escalation content expansion has officially launched in PlanetSide 2. It is considered the largest update to the game in its history and features brand new end-game content for guilds and the War Asset System.
From the press release:
Escalation’s major highlight is Outfit Wars – new end-game content for PS2’s unique MMOFPS guild system. Dedicated Outfits can qualify for monthly GvGvG tournaments on the new “Desolation” asteroid map, taking players off-planet for the first time. The new War Asset system also adds strategic depth and variety to Outfit play, allowing guilds to collect resources that can be crafted into assets including:
- Bastion Fleet Carrier: This massive interplanetary fleet carrier features mannable turrets, ship-mounted artillery cannons, an interceptor launch platform, and mobile vehicle respawn points
- Steel Rain: A coordinated platoon drop pod assault onto a target location
- Citadel Shield: A sturdy projectile-blocking bubble shield the size of a small outpost
- A.N.V.I.L.: Airdrop a ground vehicle of your choice on demand
- Orbital Satellite Uplink: Radio in an Orbital Strike anywhere on the battlefield
Check out the PlanetSide 2 official site to learn more!