Daybreak Games has updated PlanetSide 2 with a new patch to expand the Mentor Program. The program is designed to reward veteran players for helping out newbies particularly given the “fairly violent learning curve” that the game utilizes.
With the new patch, those participating in the Mentor System will several additional components to the program. These include new ribbons that are awarded when a player leads a “Mentor Squad”. Veteran players are warned, however, that the rating decay over time, so it’s important to keep up maintenance by helping new players.
Of course, what program would be worth its salt without some tangible rewards? Those mentoring others will have three tiers of rewards: Silver, Gold, and Auraxium. Each tier has specific rewards that are shown in all in-game chat channels.
Other components of last week’s PlanetSide 2 patch include:
- The addition of a New Player chat channel.
- The return of “map marking” so squad leaders can show members locations on the in-game map.
- The possible future addition of mentor “highlighting” so they can be seen by squadmates through walls, etc.
- A variety of tweaks and updates to classes and items.
- A number of bug fixes, changes, and additions were also deployed.
Check out the full update notes on the official site.