Fans of Pokemon around the world will want to take part in Pokemon Day coming on February 27th. First shown to the world in 1996, Pokemon the Phenomenon is turning 21 this year and, as a result, Pikachu wants YOU to celebrate!
What’s in Store on Pokemon Day?
We’re glad you asked! Celebrating Pokemon is going to be a big deal. There is a lot in store including in-game items as well as other online and real world activities.
Here is what you can expect throughout the coming days:
- Pikachu will be sporting a party hat in Pokemon Go from February 26 to March 6
- the big day itself will see a new Gallery Figures collection arrive in the Pokemon Center
- a special marathon of themed movies will take place via Pokemon.com and the special TV mobile app
- grab a special Bottle Cap for Sun or Moon from local GameStop stores
- a limited edition Nintendo 3DS XL skin will become available
- play the TCG online all day
- special themed events will take place all day on February 27th via the Twitch.tv/Pokemon
Learn more details on the official site.