Niantic has announced that the second Pokemon Go season will be starting on March 1, 2021. Called Season of Legends, it is expected to run for about three months and will include a number of themed community days and special events. This is designed to keep the seasonal gameplay fresh and exciting.
So what can players expect?
- More Pokemon will make their debut in Legendary Raids and Mega Raids. Players can look forward to Legendary critters including Therian Forme Tornadus, Therian Forme Thundurus, and Therian Forme Landorus.
- Mega-Evolved Pokemon will appear in Mega Raids.
- Different kinds of creatures will appear in different habitats throughout the game.
- There are Hemisphere-exclusive creatures.
- In the northern hemisphere, players can find Tangela, Combee, Croagunk, Ducklett, and others. Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Spring Form Deerling, Scyther, Dratini, or Cottonee can also be found.
- In the southern hemisphere, players can find Mankey, Yanma, Buizel, Woobat, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Pineco, Bagon, Ferroseed, or Autumn Form Deerling.
- Different creatures will hatch from eggs.
- Season of Legends Special Research will be available early on.
- Tons of bonuses throughout the season.
Throughout the Season, you’ll have even more opportunities to be legendary! March Community Day, GO Battle League Season 7, all-new events, and more will be coming. You can also look forward to a series of events toward the end of the Season that will certainly be legendary.
Check out the Pokemon Go official site to learn all of the details.