The Niantic team has revealed what’s in store for Pokemon Go players as the Halloween season gets underway. Among other things, players can look forward to creepy companions, ghoulish pals, and double tricks and treats. All in all, it sounds like a terrific celebration for those looking for a few extra thrills and chills from now through the end of the month.
Here is what players can look forward to:
- Complete the Season of Mischief storyline to learn more about the mythical pokemon, Hoopa.
- Finish the season’s Special Research story to gain access to a special event that “might have something to do with Hoopa”.
- The Season 9 Halloween Cup is available in the GO Battle League
- A Special Research Story called What Lies Beneath the Mask is coming soon with Ghost-type Pokemon appearing more often than usual. Players need to find out more about them.
- Event bonuses include 2x Transfer Candy, 2x Catch Candy, 2x Hatch Candy, and guaranteed Candy XL when walking with a buddy
- Lavender Town music will be playing every night
- Several costumed Pokemon will be out and about including Halloween Mischief Pikachu, Halloween Mischief Piplup, and Halloween Mischief Drifblim
- There are a bunch of new avatar items that can be purchased from the in-game shop starting today
Check out the Pokemon Go official site to learn more.