Nintendo has announced that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX will be launching on March 6th for Nintendo Switch. This “new” game is a reimagined version of both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Game Boy Advance) and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Nintendo DS) and will be available for $59.99.
During gameplay, players will take on the role of a Pokemon that is tasked with exploring dungeons and joining up with a diverse team of friends, each with their own personality and quirks. “Explore gorgeous watercolor-inspired environments as an intriguing story unfolds that thrusts you into the center of a quest to make the world a safer place.”
The game is said to feature a number of Pokemon whose evolved forms have not yet been discovered. In addition, Mega-Evolved Pokemon will also be present in the Switch version of the game. Over 400 encounters are available for players to enjoy including Mega-Evolved versions of several fan favorites including Charizard, Venusaur, Gengar, Sableye, Altaria, and Gardevoir.
Other features include:
- Building unique and varied teams to win strategic battles.
- Creatures with a wide array of moves.
- Mystery dungeons will change each time players enter the game.
- Different items will be discovered each time a dungeon is explored.
- Rare items will be present.
- Rescue Team Camps allow players to house their creatures, change their nicknames, level them up, and more.
For those who like to try before buying, a demo version of the game is available on the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX page on the Nintendo eShop. Players will see an early part of the story and all progress will be saved and moved to the full game if purchased.