Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have released the Buccaneers DLC for trading sim Port Royale 4. This brand-new expansion is available for purchase on the Kalypso Store, Steam, PlayStation Store, and Microsoft Store. The Switch version will follow later this year.
Players can look forward to completely new missions, additional gameplay features, an extended soundtrack of jaunty shanties and more!
In Port Royale 4 – Buccaneers, piracy is at its peak and players will work to become an infamous 17th-century Caribbean swashbuckler. The expansion introduces the brand-new ‘Buccaneer’ game mode where scallywags-in-training can amass a scurvy crew, capture or build their own pirate fleet (including the vessels the ‘Pirate Barque’ and ‘Galleon’) and raise the notorious Jolly Roger all while exploring 12,000,000 square kilometres of sparkling, uncharted Caribbean. Once players have their sea-legs, the choice is theirs where to train their telescopes: those settlements dotted about the land or the enticing, sea-faring bounty of passing magistrates.
Port Royale 4 – Buccaneers Expansion features:
- New ‘Buccaneer Mode’ for Free Game: choose your hometown and raid other colonial nations as a bona fide swashbuckler
- Capture your opponents’ ships or build your own fleet of privateers in the shipyard, including the Pirate Barque and Pirate Galleon
- Privateer for other nations to increase your fame and infamy
- Annex other nation’s towns and add them to your sovereign territory
- New game objectives and missions focused on piracy, combat, and conquest
- New ‘pirate’ aesthetic for your nation’s buildings and towns
- Jaunty new music during naval battles