2D Action-RPG fans may have heard of a Viking-centric game called Niffelheim, but for those that haven’t, Ellada Games has released a whole host of updates and announcements that is bound to spark some curiosity. In addition to the new updates to the existing game that is now available on steam, Niffelheim will also soon be available on consoles as well. The entirety of the press release is below which outlines what existing players can expect, as well as what new players can look forward to.
Niffelheim is a 2D side-scroller from Ellada Games that features classic RPG elements such as resource gathering, environment exploration, and a rich storyline. Today’s content update includes boss balances, satiety improvements, general bug fixes, and much more. Currently available on PC, Niffelheim is slated to release onto the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One consoles this Spring.
Boasting an abundance of positive reviews on Steam, and numerous DevGAMM Award nominations, Niffelheim’s expansive content update promises new and existing players hours of new fun, along with fixes and updates that are sure to reignite players’ love for the game.
What’s included in the Niffelheim content update:
- Balance updates to bosses and enemies alike! Loot has also been rebalanced with a new loot spawning system
- Action tips provided on-screen to provide a more comfortable and welcoming experience for new and returning players that can be disabled in the settings menu
- Never be hungry! Satiety has been rebalanced to ensure players’ stomachs stay fuller longer to keep starvation at bay
- All character animations have been reworked so each character will have a refreshing bit of individuality
- Enemy mobs and bosses have been randomly dispersed among dungeons so that each exploration is unpredictable and thrilling!
In Niffelheim, players take on the role of a brave warrior searching for peace following being slain in a bloody battle. But, instead of peace, his soul is trapped in Niffelheim, an unforgiving purgatory filled with hostile beats, harsh environments, and unforgiving dungeons ripe for pillaging. With eternal freedom gnawing at his bootstraps, he must keep trudging forward toward glorious Valhalla!
Developed and published by Ellada Games, Niffelheim is a singleplayer, multiplayer, and co-op action RPG currently available on Steam for $19.99. Niffelheim currently supports twelve languages and has full controller support.