Ziggurat and Abylight have announced that Prison Tycoon: Under New Management has been released on Steam. The game is a reboot of the original series with features that any business sim fan would love. Features include a new art style, more customizable design tools, and “granular control over all aspects of their facility and staff”. The game is available in early access for $29.99 with a $10 discount applied through July 7th.
The goal of the game is to build and maintain a profitable facility while simultaneously rehabilitating the inmates. Features include:
- Five Distinct Environments: Select from tropical, tundra, taiga (boreal forest), swamp, or desert biomes, each with its own environmental challenges
- Build From Your Own Blueprints: Design every room, path, checkpoint, and cell block
- Hire Experts: Evaluate and hire staff to serve 12 different roles in running and maintaining your prison
- Secure and Protect: Maintain a secure facility using guards, cameras, watchtowers, and checkpoints
- Rehabilitate and Release: Evaluate prisoners, then provide the therapies that they need to be released, from the zero gravity room to VR therapy
Check out the Prison Tycoon: Under New Management official site to learn more.