After the recent debacle with Star Wars: Battlefront II, it seems a lot of games under the EA banner are rethinking progression. Ghost Games has announced a number of changes coming to Need For Speed Payback.
The only way currently for players to upgrade vehicles is through the loot box system as well as by using Speed Cards and Speed Points. However, the rewards have been somewhat stingy. According to a list published on Reddit, a number of more player-friendly changes are coming to NFSP.
“We’ve been using Community feedback, along with our own in-game data and have come up with a number of changes, many of which are in the process of going live. Our aim with these changes is to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars, a much more enjoyable experience.
Need for Speed Payback Progression Changes
Here’s what’s currently in the pipeline:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
- Decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in Tune-Up shops, down from 30mins to 10mins.
- Increased rate in which parts are rewarded within Ranked Speedlists.