Project Haven, the upcoming dystopian tactical adventure from Foresight Games, is about to give players a taste of the action with a Steam Game Festival demo.
Project haven, the tactical turn based strategy that puts players in command of a far-future strike force, is opening up the action for potential commanders with a brand new demo in time for the Steam Game Festival. From June 9 all the way through until June 14, players who fancy jumping into a near dystopian future can pick up this PC strategy and take command of the Steel Dragons. Three campaign missions will be open to players, as well as taking down friends online with the skirmish mode where they will be able to battle with up to three friends against AI or against each other.
What To Expect
For those commanders who haven’t acquainted themselves with the previous announcement of Project Haven will find themselves in charge of a group of mercs, named The Steel Dragons. This motley crew of soldiers take on a range of missions, fighting for survival in the final city to stand in Earth. This massive shielded city is far from the utopia we would hope for in the future, with deadly criminals and plenty of personal side missions. As players take on new encounters they will customize their team and uncover a range of the following features for this strategy.
- Manual override on aiming: Project Haven’s unique free-aiming system allows the player to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With the modular damage feature, the player can wing their enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.
- Flexible tactical combat: Hunker down or lean into cover. Use stealth to avoid detection. Throw grenades or heal their mercs. Hack locks or demolish walls to get to their enemies. And all the while the mercs have free movement, navigating without restrictive square or hex grids.
- Mature storytelling: As events unfold, the player will learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- Rpg character building: The player commands a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. As they gain experience and level up, the player can improve their attributes and unlock new skills.
- Advanced weapon mechanics: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage the target.
Check out all the details on the future of combat and the upcoming demo on the Project Haven Steam Store page now.