Players looking for Match 3 fun will definitely want to check out what developers proudly call “the match 3 RPG series that started it all”. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords originally launched on Nintendo DS in 2007. It is being brought forward to a new generation of players. The new version includes the original game and its expansions. Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns has arrived exclusively on Nintendo Switch and it is available in the eShop.
The game has been completely remastered to provide players with 1080p graphics on Switch. It features the original base game and the Revenge of the Plague Lord expansion. Players will find over a hundred new quests and a brand new story mode called Attack of the Golem Lord.
In a unique twist on the match 3 genre, players can choose their favorite class from among the five available: Blood Mage, Priest, Monk, Paladin, and Elementalist.
Gameplay provides players with “deep and immersive strategy and role-playing” opportunities as well as the chance to explore a number of different locations. Players will build relationships with old friends and make some new friends along the way. Combat allows players to “match 3” gems to cast spells, defeat opponents, and earn rewards.
Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns is now out on Nintendo Switch. Learn more about it on its official site.
Key features of Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns
- More Quests! Adventure awaits with over 240 quests and 100 brand-new quests, including branching quests involving meaningful player choices — and expanded story and lore for returning players.
- More Classes! In addition to eight returning classes from previous titles, the new version features five brand-new classes to level-up and master, including the Blood Mage, Priest, Monk, Paladin, and Elementalist.
- Remastered with Love: Not content with a copy/paste port, developer Infinity Plus 2 has gone to great lengths to pack improvements based directly on player feedback and requests, including more lore, new items that open doors to new strategies and playstyles, improved enemy AI, and a vast array of user interface and quality of life updates.
- The original “Match-3 RPG” Experience: Puzzle Quest creator and founder of developer Infinite Interactive Steve Fawkner captured lightning in a bottle with the genre-defining Match-3 RPG release in 2007.
- Award-winning Franchise: Puzzle Quest has earned many awards and accolades from press and players alike since the original Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords first launched for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems in 2007, including Best Downloadable Game Winner (AIAS), Best Handheld Game Nominee (GDC Choice Awards), Numerous “Best of” Awards (IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo Power, E3, etc.), and many more!