Square Enix slowly sheds more light on the upcoming mysterious action game The Quiet Man. Initially presented during the Square Enix E3 2018 Conference, The Quiet Man puts you into the shoes of deaf character, Dane, and lets you experience the world as the character does – with very little distinct audio and no subtitles: it’s up to you to make up your own interpretation of the story as your search for the masked man unfolds.
The company has recently published a new video titled Who is THE QUIET MAN. This in-depth look behind the making of the game explores the initial conception, the various themes players will uncover and the unique sound direction process in a ‘soundless’ game experience. Featuring contributions from acclaimed writer Joe Kelly (Man of Action Studios) and internationally renowned songwriter, producer and performer Imogen Heap.
Developers and advisors featured include:
- Kensei Fujnaga, THE QUIET MAN Producer (SQUARE ENIX)
- Tatsuro Koike, Action Director (Yakuza series)
- Joe Kelly, Scenario Writer (Man of Action Entertainment – BEN 10, MEGA MAN: FULLY CHARGED, GENERATOR REX, and the characters and team of BIG HERO 6)
- Shaun Nivens, Lead Programmer (Human Head Studios)
- Ashley Welch, Art Director (Human Head Studios)
- Shu Hamada, Live Action Director (OMNIBUS JAPAN)
- Randy Redetzke, Lead Environment Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Karen Ruiz, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Chris Miscik, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Nick Taylor, Animation Director (Human Head Studios)
- Kenichi Mikoshiba, Sound Director (SQUARE ENIX)
- Danny Gong, Sign Language Consultant
Additionally, a free patch will be available one week after release, titled THE QUIET MAN – ANSWERED –, which will offer answers to the unique mysteries of THE QUIET MAN by providing another play through with sound and voices.