Operation Neon Dawn is live! Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is ending Year 5 stronger than ever with the introduction of a new Defender to the roster: fierce Thai Operator Aruni. She is equipped with the Surya Gate, a device that zaps drones and projectiles. This new Unique Ability will have opponents’ heads spinning.
“Long years of detective work have instilled Aruni with an instinctive awareness of her surroundings that borders on the preternatural…”
Apha “Aruni” Tawanroong is an Operator who is completely at home in her own skin. She moves with effortless grace, as comfortable walking through a Bangkok market as she would be in a formal setting. To see her working is akin to watching an apex predator in her natural environment, afraid of nothing and master of all she sees.
Operation Neon Dawn also includes:
- Map Rework: Skyscraper. Players have a new angle of attack, as Operators can now rappel onto the roof. As well, Dragon is now an interior room, and provides a bridge between 2F House and 2F Restaurant. For balancing reasons, some entryways have been blocked and part of the balcony has been removed to prevent Attackers from camping outside.
- Jäger’s Active Defense System now has a cooldown of 10 seconds after intercepting an opponent’s projectile, and it won’t be able to intercept additional projectiles until the cooldown ends. The ADS also has an infinite number of charges, as opposed to just 2.
- Hibana’s X-Kairos Launcher was originally built to shoot 6 X-Kairos at once, yet only 4 X-Kairos are needed to destroy a hatch. The Launcher can now be configured to shoot 2, 4, or 6 X-Kairos, allowing players to manage Hibana’s resources as they see fit.
- Echo’s Yokai drone now remains visible when placed on ceilings. This attempts to resolve some of the frustration and balancing issues that resulted from the device’s original invisibility feature.
- Runout Timers. The amount of time a Defender has before they are detected outdoors has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second. A debuff icon has been added to the HUD to replace the countdown text.
- A “no-drop zone” has been added to the edge of bomb sites to prevent players from accidentally dropping the defuser while trying to plant it in that area.
- Voice to Text and Text to Voice options for the in-game chat channel as well as chat assistance like Narration and Hints have been added to the Options menu.
- and much more!
Check out the official site to find the full list of changes to the game.