Ndemic Creations, the developers of Plague Inc., have announced that the PC version of the upcoming deeply engaging political/military strategic simulation Rebel Inc. Escalation is coming to Steam Early Access in October 2019.
There is no on-going war in Rebel Inc., but that doesn’t mean that you’re going to have it easy. As you stabilize your war-torn country, you would need to balance the military and civilian priorities whilst also stopping a deadly insurgency from seizing power.
“Rebel Inc. lets everyone wrestle with the messy challenges of post-conflict recovery and better understand the complex realities of building peace.” – World Bank Global Lead for Stability, Peace and Security
Full Features List
- 5 different regions – Deploy to different strategic environments – including the gentle farms of ‘Saffron Fields’, the strategic chokepoint of ‘Mountain Pass’, the impenetrable forests of ‘Distant Steppe’, and more
- 6 unique governors – Whether it’s the ‘Economist’ receiving an entire year’s income in one go, the ‘Smuggler’ thriving on corruption or even the ‘Warlord’ with his personal militia – each governor has radical new abilities to master
- hyper-realistic world – Inspired by Afghanistan: Highly detailed and based on extensive research, Rebel Inc: Escalation contains real world development initiatives and an innovative representation of counter insurgency tactics. It has been praised by the World Bank and was even featured at a major international peace conference
- Intelligent civilian and military AIs – Deadly insurgent attacks put constant pressure on your operation and sophisticated narrative algorithms shaped by your decisions model the needs of local populations.
- Gorgeous Graphics – Stabilise a beautifully rendered 3D world that responds to your actions and thrives as you provide jobs and services. Drone cams and civilian TV channels bring your operation to life and show you what’s happening on the ground.
- Clear Intelligence – Plan priorities with Intelligence Reports and Combat SITREPs, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
Coming during Early Access
- New Regions – Rebuild a vast dam to prevent catastrophic floods in Azure Dam, dig Insurgents out of cave networks in Black Caves and more…
- New Governors – Deploy heavy tanks with the Tank Commander, deploy civilian experts to key zones with the Development Director and more…
- Campaign Mode – Conduct large scale operations across multiple regions. Carefully manage your resources, adapt to unique conditions and upgrade your team and abilities as you seek to counter the growing Insurgent threat.
- Co-Op and VS Multiplayer – team up to efficiently stabilise the region with friends or compete with them in the shadows to promote your own cause.
- Custom Scenario Creator – Who said Nation Building was hard! Develop your own custom scenarios with unique strategic challenges and narratives then share them with Steam Workshop.
- And much more – Including daily challenges, speed runs and Mega-Brutal difficulty. Plus loads of new maps, governors and scenarios in future (free!) updates