How come I’ve never played this game?! VBlank’s indie smash Retro City Rampage is now out on the Nintendo Switch, arguably the system where it makes the most sense. Nintendo’s new console is quickly becoming a boom town of Indie greats, and RCR just adds another one to the pile. For $15, if you’ve not yet played it to death on its 13 other incarnations, Retro City Rampage DX is a top-down open world action game set in a videogame and pop culture lampooning world that just about makes it one of the best things I’ve ever played.
More on Retro City Rampage DX
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre in the ’80s! Rampage the city, steal cars, or play over 60 story mode missions!
This remastered pop culture send-up features a full Story Mode of open world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. Explore the city by foot or by car, and discover minigames, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
- 8-BIT Open-World
- Over 60 Story Missions
- Over 40 Arcade Challenges
- Over 25 Weapons & Power-Ups
- Over 50 Vehicles to Steal & Equip
- Over 200 Character Customizations
- Over 2.5 Hours of Chiptune Music
- Includes official Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP and Epic Meal Time crossovers.
- English, Français, Italiano, Deutsch, Español