Budding Las Vegas entrepreneurs will definitely want to sit up and take notice of Ripstone Games’ Poker Club. The company announced the brand new IP yesterday with a flashy new trailer. The game is planned for launch later in 2020 for PC, PlayStation consoles, Xbox consoles, and Nintendo Switch.
Developers call the game “the most immersive and social poker simulation ever”, a bold claim backed up by a number of interesting features. These include:
- a social experience with players able to take on friends and fans from around the world.
- Tournaments for 200+ players
- the ability to create or join a club
- clubs feature leaderboards, exclusive tournaments, daily chip bonuses, and common goals that unlock rewards
- customizable gear and events specific to clubs
- cross-platform, cross-generation play
- Texas Hold’em tournament modes and ring games
- the PCC Poker Tour challenge
- career mode
- Single-Table and Multi-Table tournaments
- customizable private games
- Poker 101 tutorial system
On PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X Poker Club has been engineered to make the most of next-generation hardware and features. Poker Club boasts 4K visuals at 60fps, with advanced rendering techniques including hardware-accelerated ray tracing across PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X. On PlayStation 5, Poker Club will utilize the advanced haptics in the DualSense controller to immerse players on the poker table like never before. The game also offers Cross-Buy between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and Smart Delivery on Xbox One and Xbox Series X, so players only have to buy Poker Club once to get the game on both generations of consoles.
Check out the spiffy new trailer and then head on over to the Poker Club official site to read up on all the big features.