Developer Hopoo Games and publisher Gearbox Publishing have announced the full release date of multiplayer roguelike Risk of Rain 2. The game will be officially launching and leaving Steam Early Access on August 11th.
Early Access has felt like a crazy ride through uncharted space, and we can’t thank you all enough for supporting us over the last year and a half. We’ve had great fun steering through Early Access together, and we will always be thankful for the patience and excitement our community has displayed. We will have more information on the Console launch of 1.0 in the future – but it should follow a very similar cadence to the previous console launches.
The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses, and items. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet.
Risk of Rain 2 Key Features
- Play four-player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding
- Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
- Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
- Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
- Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
- Explore massive, handcrafted 3D levels
- Discover lore through the collection of Monster, Item, and Environment Logs
- Challenge your friends—and the world—in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard