Earlier this year, Ragnarok Game LLC successfully recovered the source code for Rune II after the original developers dissolved their studio and reformed under Bethesda’s banner, effectively ending any further development work on the game. After a legal tussle, the issue has now been resolved. Ragnarok Game LLC will not only be publishing the game, but will also be creating new content. To showcase what is in store, the new dev team has revealed a robust roadmap of content moving forward.
Over the next few months, players can expect the following:
- Revised Combat Mechanics
- Redesign combat flow and systems, timed blocking, weapon spamming penalties
- Initial implementation and balance
- Ages of Ragnarok
- Vast visual polish and further distinction
- Age design tuning and balance
- World map changes where appropriate
- Core Loop Improvement
- Investigate and plan for core loop improvement
- Artifact collection, alternative flow, world events
- More Quality of Life Update
- More Loot / Inventory
- Character UI Polish and improvement
Devs also have plans to address the loot system, rework character progression and animations, and much more. You can check out the full post and the community’s reaction by visiting the Rune II official forums.
About Rune II
As a hardened Viking warrior, RUNE II players will align with their chosen god as they pillage villages for powerful weapons and armor, complete quests for their deity and receive blessings of strength and magic. Your quest is simple – destroy Loki, but you needn’t do it alone. Team up with your Viking allies to gain the benefits of shared experience and the strength that only comes in numbers.