Developer and publisher Jagex has taken to Steam to reveal the arrival of Construction Contracts in this week’s update.
Construction contracts are a new, less expensive way to train Construction.
Normally, you’d be training your Construction inside your Player Owned House, toiling away for hours building oak larder after oak larder, without seeing a single soul except your Demon Butler. With the arrival of Construction Contracts, all that’s about to change. Now, you can train Construction on the surface world, at less cost, and help some friendly NPCs out while you’re at it.
How to get started:
- You’ll need at least 40 Construction, which will let you complete your contracts with standard planks. As you advance in levels, you’ll be able to use more expensive materials – which will impress your clients and net you a bit more XP.
- Speak to an Estate Agent to get your first Construction Contract. You’ll be sent to one of 11 different buildings in four of Gielinor’s most iconic towns, where you’ll be asked to spruce the place up a bit according to the resident NPC’s grand designs. The furniture you’re asked to build will vary, so come prepared for everything!
- You’ll get your XP once you’ve finished the job, along with the satisfaction of a job well done – and a bunch of Construction Credits, which you can use to buy some useful items back at the Estate Agent.
The Plank Box is an upgradeable storage solution that will let you carry at least 25 extra planks of each type with you at all times.
Here’s how many you can carry with the upgraded versions. The basic Plank Box will cost you 50 Construction Credits, the first upgrade will cost 150 Credits, and the second upgrade will cost 300 Credits:
- Base: 25 Planks of each type
- Upgrade 1: 50 Planks of each type
- Upgrade 2: 100 Planks of each type
Elite Skilling Outfit: Master Construction
You can get your hands on the Elite Skilling Outfit for Construction via Dressed to Skill, the latest Treasure Hunter promo, or you can get it in-game from the Construction Contracts Reward Store. You’ll be looking mighty handy either way!
There are five pieces in the set, each of which cost 500 Construction Credits. Wearing all of them will net you the following bonuses:
- Option to automatically remove furniture immediately after building it
- Ability to convert logs to planks on the go
- Temporary +3 boost to Construction
- Increased build progress for Construction Contracts
- Chance to instantly finish repairs during Construction Contracts
- Unlimited teleports to your house, house portals, Estate Agents, and your current Construction Contract
There are eight new Achievements in this update, one of which is required for the Completionist Cape.
Fully upgrade your Plank Box to earn the ‘Absolute Planker’ Achievement and restore your Cape. There’s no Grace Period on this one, so get building!