Horror visual novel Scarlet Hollow has been successfully funded through Kickstarter in just one day with 24 days remaining until the end of the campaign. The developers were seeking to make $25k, with over 1100 backers already having pledged $32k+.
- $50k – New outfits each chapter
- $100k – New trait: talk to animals
- $150k: Unlocked mystery party member
- $250k – New The Last Halloween updates every other month
- $500k – Animated cutscenes
Scarlet Hollow is a choice-driven horror adventure game and visual novel brought to life by critically acclaimed graphic novelist Abby Howard (The Last Halloween, The Crossroads at Midnight, Junior Scientist Power Hour, and others.) Visiting the dying Appalachian coal town of Scarlet Hollow for the funeral of your long-lost aunt, you soon find yourself embroiled in a generations-long mystery that threatens an entire town. Who lives, who dies, and how the story ends is in your hands.
Scarlet Hollow Features:
- A heavily branching narrative where your choices matter. The relationships you forge and the decisions you make will dramatically alter your journey.
- Good jokes and good spooks.
- A complex relationship system that changes how characters act around you. Character’s don’t just like or dislike you. Become friendly rivals, bitter adversaries, best friends, or mild acquaintances based on how you approach the story.
- Trait-based dialogue and role-playing. Scarlet Hollow’s dialogue system is driven by role-playing elements that let you choose who you want to be. Are you quiet and observant? Hot and clueless? Over a dozen different character builds change how you interact with the world and how your story unfolds.
- Original monster designs. Every monster and supernatural being in the game is an original Abby Howard design– you won’t find any predictable vampires or zombies here.
- Five romance options. Whether you’re into goths, dads, plant-lovers, Youtubers, or skeletal boys, we’ve got all your bases covered.
- Dozens of meticulously hand-drawn and traditionally inked backgrounds. Every background in the game is meticulously drawn by hand and inked on massive 19×24 inch paper.
- Hundreds of hand-drawn, immersive sprites. Each major character has dozens of hand-drawn sprites that interact with backgrounds and capture a full range of lighting and emotion.