Rare developers are back to work reading to push out the next big update for Sea of Thieves. Players can expect a lot of nifty changes for Season 5 including a number of quality of life improvements and more, all of which were revealed during a recent developer livestream event. Season 5 will kick off on Thursday, December 2, 2021 across all platforms.
Sea of Thieves Season Five’s boatload of Voyage-enhancing features arrives December 2nd! Bury loot for safety or share your treasure maps with curious crews, employ fresh strategies and schemes with the Cannon Rowboat, or simply celebrate another year of free content updates by pulling up a pew to ‘ooh’ and ‘ahh’ at a flashy fireworks display. No matter what style of scoundrel you play, there’s sure to be something for you to enjoy!
Some of the fun and frolic coming in Season 5 includes:
- The ability to use the Speaking Horn to whisper nearby allies without alerting enemies
- Players can bury treasure chests and hide them. Doing so creates a map of the treasure’s location
- Fireworks and Flares are being added
- Sleeping sitting up is now a thing
- Enemies using guns will now drop ammunition bags
- Supply crates can be instantly filled
- New emotes
- Ship rats can be quite handy to alert the crew if there is a flooding danger on lower decks
Check out more details by watching the teaser video or heading to the Sea of Thieves official site.