3DClouds and Team17 have announced that a new demo version of King of Seas is now available for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One players. In addition, the dev team announced that preorders for the pirate-themed seafaring adventure are now available from both the Nintendo eShop and the Xbox Store. These two new demo versions join the PlayStation 4 and PC versions that can be downloaded from Steam or the PlayStation Store. KoS is preparing to set sail on May 25th for all versions.
The game offers ARPG fans the unique opportunity to step into the boots of a pirate and take part in a “ferocious plot to regain what has been taken away”. Features include:
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map: A thick fog will ensure traveling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all, wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration?
- Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.
Check out the King of Seas official site to learn more.