Homebound by the pandemic? If so, folks may be pining for the great outdoors. Luckily, Easy Day Studios has you covered with the release of Skater XL that will send players outside with their skateboard to take on challenges around the world. The game is now available for PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. To celebrate the big day, developers released a great new trailer to show off the game’s responsive controls and authentic skateboarding physics.
- Freedom Of Expression – physics-based controls don’t have any pre-programmed tricks – only the movement through the thumbsticks. Each thumbstick is connected to the corresponding foot of the skater and as the player moves the stick, the board instantly responds. Much like a musical instrument, the player has complete freedom, whether it be pushing to nail a line or skating free from.
- Real Life Iconic Locations – levels are all inspired real-world skate areas and designed to ensure a constant flow of skate lines. From the DTLA Map with skateboarding landmarks around the Staples Center and LA Convention Center to Easy Day High School’s sprawling campus of iconic skate spots like the Wallenberg Big 4 and the ‘Leap of Faith’, to the humongous ‘Big Ramp,’ where skaters can soar higher than a hawk.
- Play As Real-Life Skate Pros – Select from renowned pros Tiago Lemos, Brandon Westgate, Evan Smith, and Tom Asta, all with their own distinct gear that fits their style.
- Customizable Characters – The possibilities are endless to personalize the experience. Players can customize their entire look, including their skater’s gear with different tees, hoodies, hats, and shoes from over 30 of the most recognized skate brands like Vans, Santa Cruz, DC Shoes, Independent, Lakai and many more.
- Thriving Community – Dive into a passionate community with more than 100,000 members in Discord (the biggest Discord in the World for reference is Fortnite at 500k, amazing given that it’s is still in Early Access!) who create online zines, video parts, fakeskate brands, and hundreds of mods. Players can become part of a bigger ecosystem and join the digital skateboarding subculture where they can share their creativity on the newly launched the modding hub, Skaterxl.mod.io.
- Legit Soundtrack – Modest Mouse, Getter, Interpol, Animal Collective, and Band Of Horses headline the distinctive music that blends well with the West Coast vibe and fluid physics-based control mechanics.
Check out the trailer and then head to the Skater XL official site to learn more.