In late September, the developers from Hi-Rez Studios and Titan Forge Games have revealed a new deity coming to the battleground of the gods: Cliodhna, Queen of the Banshees, and her ear-piercing shriek.
A first in SMITE, this ghostly Assassin from the Celtic Pantheon can walk through and inside walls. From there, Cliodhna lurks unseen. When she strikes, her blood-curdling wail deafens her horrified prey and distorts their sight. Much of her power comes from the afterworld, and she can tear at the veil between worlds to release an army of unspeakable horrors.
This time the team released a new trailer to show some of her abilities off in action:
- PHANTASMAL – Cliodhna can walk into walls once every 16s. While inside a wall she can move freely and use some of her abilities. Every 0.5s she loses 0.15% of her health, stacking in intensity up to 40 times. She cannot enter a wall while below 25% Health or crippled. While inside a wall and for 5s after exiting she gains 10% Physical Ability Lifesteal
- BANSHEE’S WAIL – Cliodhna wails at enemies before her, causing damage 3 times, with the final hit being the strongest. The final hit will also cause enemies to be silenced and deafened for 1.5s. While channeling this scream Cliodhna is immune to knockups. While inside a wall Cliodhna will cause a spectral face to appear and wail in her stead that damages enemy gods in a wider cone.
- FLICKERING VISIONS – Cliodhna fires a distorting bolt of energy that explodes on contact with a living soul. Enemy gods hit by this explosion lose the ability to perceive Cliodhna for 4s. If Cliodhna attacks or is hit she flickers back into vision before fading back out. As long as one enemy god is debuffed Cliodhna gains a Movement Speed Buff.
- LURCHING CLAW – Cliodhna dashes forward, damaging enemies she passes through. At max range, if she cancels this dash, or upon refiring the ability she will unleash a claw swipe that deals heavy damage. Cliodhna can cast this while inside a wall, resulting in the dash traveling further.
- TEARING THE VEIL – Cliodhna tears the veil between life and death, unleashing banshees in a line in-front of her after a brief delay. When it first opens it deals heavy damage before dealing rift damage rapidly to targets in the area and slowing them. Enemies hit by subsequent hits take less damage. This ability has 2 charges. Cliodhna can use this ability while inside a wall. When used this way the veil is weakened but not fully torn, instead activating when a target gets too close.
In SMITE, players get to control gods and pit them against one another. Unleash each deity’s unique strategies, legendary weapons, and earth-shattering powers. Rain lightning down upon your foes as Zeus, assassinate from the shadows as Loki, or transform and trick your foes as the Monkey King, Sun Wukong.
Unlike other MOBAs, the game puts you directly onto the battlefield with a third-person action viewpoint. From blind-side ambushes to aimed shots, a new pantheon of strategic possibilities awaits.
Check out the official site to start playing Smite for free.