The ever-growing pantheon in SMITE has expanded once again. Hi-Rez Studios has announced that the Witch of the Woods update is now live in the game. It comes along with a number of bug fixes and character balance tweaks as well as with a new god to play in the form of Baba Yaga. According to SMITE developers, Baba Yaga is the community’s most-requested god in the game’s history.
According to translator and community specialist Svetlana Lisik, “Baba Yaga is certainly one of the most prominent characters in Slavic folklore. It’s amazing how excited about Baba Yaga’s release all the community is, and especially Russian-speaking fans. I’m glad to see that the SMITE Goddess they anticipated the most is now living up to their highest expectations!”
Baba Yaga is a ranged mage with a number of abilities including:
- Wild Witchcraft – “Baba Yaga throws forward magic imbued with chaotic qualities.”
- Baba’s Brew – “Baba Yaga throws together random ingredients to brew a Potion.”
- Blast Off – “Baba Yaga crawls inside her Mortar for protection. While inside the mortar she gains Damage Reduction, Knockup Protection, and begins to build up explosive magic.”
- Home Sweet Home – “Baba Yaga calls down her Cabin, causing it to crash onto her and launch nearby enemies away. Baba Yaga commands the cabin for up to 8s, using it as a protective shield to create and throw 4 Witchfire Bolts from the inside.”
- Creeping Cabin (passive) – “Baba Yaga’s Cabin accumulates up to 100 essence over time, when it moves, and if enemy gods get too close.”
Check out Baba Yaga’s reveal video and then head to the SMITE official site to learn more about her abilities and skins.