Zatun’s action-packed virtual reality marksman game Sniper Rust VR is back with some major new features and support for the HTC Vive!
Players are invited to embark on a global adventure to take out a threatening and powerful armed militia, using an arsenal of immersive real-world and conceptual weapons. The all-new Sniper Rust VR update offers new content, improved visuals, achievements, and gameplay mechanics — enhanced gun recoil and the ability to take cover from incoming fire. It’s time to lock and load, baby!
From the Original Press Release:
Today’s major content update for Sniper Rust VR features a multitude of enhancements and additions based on player feedback, starting with improved graphical fidelity as seen across the game’s globally-inspired levels and realistic weaponry. Sniper Rust VR now also features a new cover mechanic so that players can avoid enemy fire in between shots. Weapons come to life like never before with the addition of enhanced recoil effects observable on-screen and felt through the Oculus Touch or HTC Vive controllers. Returning players will also enjoy the addition of a new bonus level featuring a new enemy type and weapon. All-new achievements offer challenges for players to overcome with new skins to unlock as rewards.
- Cutting-Edge Weaponry: A plethora of lethal firearms are available, outfitted with special functions suited for specific occasions. Available weapons include real-world guns like the DSR-50 and SVD sniper rifle, as well as the MaC-7, which was inspired by the CheyTac M200, and the Scout Rifle-inspired DG-5000.
- Death-Dealing Enemy Troops and Vehicular Combatants: Diverse enemy classes make every playable mission a challenge; payers must be wary of well-concealed snipers, air/group assaults, and hidden traps behind enemy lines.
- Action-Packed Soundtrack: Intense orchestral sounds composed by John Leonard French are the perfect accompaniment for the game’s thrilling, edge-of-your-seat action sequences.
- New Customizations and Achievements: Skilled players will be recognized for their excellence with 16 new achievements, which unlock a new skin for each weapon, three new gloves, and an alternate dog skin.
- New Gameplay Mechanics: The latest update adds additional realism to the game with the inclusion of gun recoil effects and the ability to take cover from enemy fire.
- Graphics Overhaul: Environments come to life thanks to improved lighting and shadows.
Sniper Rust VR supports seated, standing, and room-scale VR and is playable using Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Vive Pro, and FOVE VR headsets. It is now available for purchase for Windows PC on Steam, Viveport, and the Oculus Store for $9.99. A free version with limited content offers access to a shooting gallery and part of the game’s campaign and is available to download from each respective storefront.