Recently, magic-based Battle Royale Spellbreak has moved to the Epic Games Store and entered the closed alpha testing stage. In Release 19 Patch Notes, the developers from Proletariat announced a new class called Scout and a round of changes coming to the game, including balancing, visuals, map changes, performance enhances, bug fixes and much more.
The Scout class has been added! The Scout brings the following skills:
- Foresight: See upcoming shrine locations.
- Invigorate: Every 3 seconds, increases your and your nearby teammates’ sprint speed by 15/20/25% for 4 seconds.
- Shot Caller: Decreases your spell damage by 30% but increases damage done to targets from any source by 15/20/25% for 3 seconds.
- Tracking: Targets you hit are outlined for you and your team for 2/4/6 seconds.
- The Scout is our first “support” class and we’re eager for your feedback!
- Class Leaderboards! The leaderboards now include a breakdown by class as well as overall wins by mode. Can you be the greatest Toxicologist?!
- Added player exile count to the in-game HUD.
- The Fracture can now be seen! The Hollow Lands are no longer surrounded by water, but by a sea of clouds. Don’t fall off…
- Full redesign of the Deadmoss region, including the Castle Bogmore and Deadmoss areas.
- Added a drop down to the audio settings that displays all voice chat audio outputs. This fixes some of the previous issues players experienced with voice chat.
- Added support for several advanced mouse control options in the settings menu: separate Y-Axis sensitivity, mouse smoothing, and mouse FOV scaling.
- When in a party, players will now see their teammates’ avatars on the main menu.
Check out the full patch notes to see the entirety of the changes coming to the game.
Spellbreak’s CEO/Creative Lead Seth, Design Director Jesse and Director of Community Gordon had set down to discuss Release 19 and answer some of the community’s questions.