Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata recently had an interview with portal 4Gamer. According to it, the game has shipped over 7 Million copies at this moment, and Square Enix hopes to sell 2 more millions to reach the 10M milestone with the upcoming release of Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition.
From the interview:
The team’s priority is “to provide a good service for as long as possible that is worthy of its value.” That said, there’s been some talk within the team saying they’d like to reach 2 million with Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition alone, and with the team’s main objective of 10 million [for Final Fantasy XV], you have different approaches during the pre-release.
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition releases on March 6. The Royal Edition, that includes all Season Pass content, a new dungeon, and more comes out the same day. The console version & Pocket Edition for iOS and Android devices are already available.
Steam lists the following features of the game:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including: Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades and Episode Ignis
Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantsay XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D