Aspyr Media has announced that Star Wars Episode i: Racer has been delayed for both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. At this point, developers do not have a firm date in mind for when players can expect the game. The delay, they said, is due to the complications of working from home during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
We are so excited to share Star Wars Episode l: Racer with you soon! Unfortunately, due to the ongoing work from home requirements across the industry, the game will be further delayed on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. We’ll be back with an update as soon as possible.
— Aspyr (@AspyrMedia) May 11, 2020
We’ll keep you posted if/when we learn about the new release date. In the meantime, head to the Star Wars Episode I: Racer official site to learn more.
About Star Wars Episode I: Racer
The 90s classic is coming to Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls. A beloved racing title based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, the game puts you behind the controls of your favorite podracers as you speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell.
- Race tracks spanning eight unique worlds including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare.
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration.
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times.
- Split-screen multiplayer (Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Switch).