The developers from Aspyr Media have taken to Twitter to announce that arcade racing game Star Wars Episode I: Racer will be arriving on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on June 23rd. Originally, the developers planned to release the game in May but it had been postponed due to pandemic.
ATTN Star Wars Episode l: Racer Fans!!!
We are slated to release on both Nintendo Switch and PS4 on June 23rd.
Thank you for your continued support, .gifs, and kind comments as we’ve worked on this release.
🏁We’ll see you on the racetracks.🏁 pic.twitter.com/9hRgvzqvpZ
— Aspyr (@AspyrMedia) June 16, 2020
ABOUT STAR WARS EPISODE I: RACER
The 90s classic is coming to Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls. A beloved racing title based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, the game puts you behind the controls of your favorite podracers as you speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell.
- Race tracks spanning eight unique worlds including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare.
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration.
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times.
- Split-screen multiplayer (Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Switch).