The developers from Nintendo have released a new update 1.1.0 for Super Mario Maker 2. Check out some of the biggest additions to the game below:
- Play with Friends – you can now play online with friends in either Multiplayer Versus or Multiplayer Co-op modes. You can now select courses uploaded to Course World as well as courses saved to Coursebot.
- The Nintendo Switch Online mobile app is now supported for voice chat.
- New features added to Nearby Play – You can now play in Multiplayer Co-op mode as well as Multiplayer Versus mode. You can now select courses uploaded to Course World as well as courses saved to Coursebot. When playing a course saved to Coursebot, the host system doesn’t need to be connected to the internet.
- There’s now a list of Official Makers in Super Mario Maker 2 Leaderboards.
- You can now select Play Together directly from any course uploaded to a player’s profile.
- Maker Profiles have been refreshed with more info such as a user’s total number of First Clears.
- You can now play with a horizontal Joy-Con controller in all Game Modes.