Fans hungry for baseball action will definitely want to check out Super Mega Baseball 3 now that the game has officially launched on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. Players will enjoy full cross-platform play with their friends and others around the world. To celebrate the big day, Metalhead developers have released an all-new trailer to show off some of the game’s biggest features including the just-announced online component.
SMB3 includes an overhaul of several features and includes both online and offline play and the brand new Franchise Mode. Players will also enjoy enhanced graphics, a reworked UI, new audio, additional team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions to add a touch of realism to the game.
New Features Available in Super Mega Baseball 3 include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night, and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all-new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement, and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo, or with friends.
- An SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.
- A Custom Pennant Race mode that allows players to organize a private Pennant Race and invite their friends to participate in it, regardless of platform.
Check out the new trailer and then head to the Super Mega Baseball 3 official site to learn more.