Fellow Traveller and Torpor Games have announced the upcoming “political drama/RPG” game called Suzerain. The game challenges players to lead a nation as a neophyte president and offers complex choices that can lead to success or disaster. “Are you a kind leader aiming for reforms or a despot ruling with an iron fist?” Every choice a player makes will affect the lives of the country’s citizens. The game is expected to launch on Steam for PC and Mac in the summer of 2020.
According to the game description, players will be faced with a host of complex decisions around a number of issues including immigration, healthcare, law enforcement, and more. Entering at a time of recession, the new president will be tasked with pulling the country out as well as juggling the intricacies of citizen reforms and much more. “You can’t please everyone, and every choice will have its consequences,” the literature reads.
- Navigate weighty conversations in this 200K-word story with branching paths.
- Can you keep Sordland out of war with the encroaching nation of Rumburg? Can you launch and complete a new mega infrastructure project? Can you fix the welfare system? The responsibility falls on your shoulders.
- Tackle difficult choices on immigration, healthcare, law enforcement, and more in this alternate world set in the 1950s. Even outside the office, your beliefs will be challenged among your friends and your family. Will you support the Equal Rights movement? Encourage government control of the media? Maintain traditional values or embrace reform?
- Work closely with your Cabinet members to forge strong policies and practices for your government. But remember: everyone has their own ideas and agenda. Pick your allies carefully, and your enemies even more carefully.
- Your Cabinet will advise you on all matters, but you cannot please everyone — sometimes you can’t even please yourself. You will have to make sacrifices, be they moral, political, or personal.
- It’s challenging to be a good father and a good president at the same time. Can you do both? If not, which one will you choose?
- You must find your own way through the complicated political landscape of your presidency. Where the country ends up at the end of four years is determined by your decisions.
Give the trailer a look and then head to the Suzerain official site to learn more.