Coming from developer Monochrome Paris and publisher Hatinh Interactive, Tandem: A Tale of Shadows aims to redefine the puzzle-platformer genre with unique gameplay and exceptional aesthetics.
The events of the game take place at the end of the 19th century. Help Emma and the teddy bear Fenton solve the mystery of the disappearance of the famous magician Thomas Kane. Rummage The Kane family mansion from top to bottom as the place is now shadowy and spooky, deserted by the desperate parents. Will you uncover the truth in time?
- Stunning Art Direction – Discover a playful and frightening universe inspired by Jules Vernes, Conan Doyle, Tim Burton and Victorian era architecture.
- Clever Puzzles – Solve over forty puzzles and obstacles in order to unravel the mystery surrounding Thomas Kane’s disappearance.
- Dual Gameplay – Swap perspectives between Emma and Fenton. Light up the scene and cast shadows as Emma from a top-down view. Walk on shadows projected by Emma’s lantern from Fenton’s side-scroller view.
- Fight With Strategy – Players will face mechanical toy-like enemies and bosses throughout each dimension. Since Emma’s strategy is not to attack, players must rely on their wit to move forward.
- Narrative-Driven Adventure – Players are invited to discover many fun, creative and very elaborate cutscenes. Clever players will find the hidden rooms which will reveal the clues that will teach them more about the disappearance of Thomas Kane.
- Diverse Mechanics – Push or pull objects to create shadows. Use alarms and traps to your advantage. Tandem features a variety of interactive elements for players to experiment with.
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows will launch for PC, Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 21.