The developers from Re-Logic have taken to the Steam page of Terraria to reveal the release date of the fourth update to the game. Called Journey’s End, it will launch on May 16th, the ninth anniversary of the game’s launch. Terraria: Journey’s End includes a full re-visit to all elements of Terraria. Over time, some things may have felt left behind or made obsolete by newer content. No more! Old things made new and new elements added to flesh out the overall experience – think you know all there is to know about Terraria? Think again!
- Terraria: Journey’s End will include over 800 new items for players to find or craft!
- The update adds new foes to defeat and challenges to overcome as you seek fortune and glory.
- The update will see a full revamp of world generation – including overall improvements and a handful of new mini-biomes to explore.
- Quality of Life improvements abound in Terraria: Journey’s End! From Block Swap to the Void Vault, these will ensure that the player spends more time doing what they enjoy most – and having more fun at the same time.
- The update will see the addition of an in-game Bestiary. As players defeat higher numbers of any given foe, they will learn more about them – from key statistics to even what each foe can drop as loot!
- The update will bring the hallowed game of Golf to Terraria. Golf? That’s right, Golf. Trust us, it is insanely fun – so get your golf skills up to par now!
- The update will add an all-new difficulty mode. Beyond the existing Expert Mode, this is intended to be a true challenge for the most experienced and skilled Terrarians – a true gauntlet for the best of the best. Will your gaming skills and creativity be up to the task?
- The update adds in all new and enhanced weather effects.