Developer Modern Storyteller shared a new trailer to reveal the official release window of The Forgotten City that will be arriving on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X and PC this summer.
“As you can see, we’re now on track to release the game in Summer 2021, a few months later than we had hoped. We’re really sorry to keep you waiting so long, but the pandemic has slowed our progress, we need a little more time to polish up the game so that you (as well as all the other users on Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5) have the best possible experience. This game has been an absolutely massive undertaking for a small core team of 3 developers, and we’re continuing to work as hard as we possibly can. Seriously. We’re really grateful for your continued patience and support. Thank you! :-)”
Trapped in a secret underground city during the Roman Empire, twenty-three lost souls cling to life. In this precarious utopia, if one person breaks the mysterious Golden Rule, everyone dies. As a time-traveller drawn two thousand years into the past, you’ll relive their final moments in an endless loop, exploring and interrogating, and changing the course of the day with each secret you uncover.
Only by cleverly exploiting the time loop and making difficult moral choices can you hope to solve this epic mystery. Here, your decisions matter. The fate of the city is in your hands.
The Forgotten City Features:
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Role-play as whoever you want, by choosing your own sex, race and backstory
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time-loop