Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division have announced that The Outer Worlds is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will be coming to Nintendo Switch in 2020. TOW is a single-player sci-fi RPG that some have called “Fallout in space”.
Our own 9.0/10 review by Garrick D. Raley said, “I think anybody that enjoyed playing the Fallout games, as well as anyone that has enjoyed the Mass Effect titles, would unequivocally enjoy their time playing The Outer Worlds. I had so much fun exploring every nook and cranny, scouring out-of-the-way locations for loot, taking everything that wasn’t nailed down, and immersing myself in the otherworldy locations around Halcyon.”
Other sites’ reviews show that the game has already garnered high praise:
- “A tremendous achievement from one of the most accomplished developers of the genre”
- The Daily Dot, 4.5 out of 5
- “The most-promising new IP in years” – Windows Central, 4.5 out of 5
- “An excellent space Western adventure” – GameSpot, 9 out of 10
- “One of the best games of 2019” – DualShockers, 9.5 out of 10
- “A hallmark of excellence” – Destructoid, 9 out of 10
- “Brilliant” – Game Informer, 9.25 out of 10
- “Impressive” – EGM, 5 out of 5
Check out The Outer Worlds official site to learn more.
About The Outer Worlds
In TOW, you awake from hibernation after drifting in space for seventy years on a lost colonist ship, the Hope. Here at the edge of the galaxy, corporations control all aspects of life in Halcyon, and they are hiding a dark secret that could destroy the colony. As you explore multiple, distinct locations in the game’s vibrant world, you will encounter various factions, and meet a host of multi-faceted characters who may offer assistance in your missions. But choose carefully, as the actions and choices you make will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. Your choices affect not only the game’s narrative, but your character progression, companion stories, and different endgame scenarios.