Developer Exor Studios and publisher Sunfire.Games have shared the release date of the base-building survival strategy The Riftbreaker featuring action-RPG elements. The game is slated to arrive on October 14, 2021.
You play the role of captain Ashley S. Nowak – you are the Riftbreaker, an elite scientist/commando inside a powerful Mecha-Suit. Enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, with the purpose of building up a base that will allow travel back to Earth and further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs”, can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, gathering specimens and of course – combat. It is capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
The Riftbreaker Key Features:
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift back to Earth. You will need to build up a complex chain of mines, refineries, powerplants and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found in various locations around the globe
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed. As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the world will start seeing you as a threat.
- HACK, SLASH, LOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you scout the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Fallen beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything that you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment.
- RESEARCH – Use the samples that you’ve gathered to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-suit or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials for the crafting process results in developing gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
“We can’t even begin to tell you how excited we are to reach this milestone. Only five weeks from now, you will be able to begin your exploration of Galatea 37 in the Campaign Mode, test your skills in the ever-changing Survival, or simply test the limits of the game and your creativity in the Sandbox Mode.
The release of the 1.0 version will mark an important point in our 3.5 years-long journey through the ups and downs of The Riftbreaker’s development process. When we started working on the game in 2018, we never expected that it would get so much attention and gather an amazing community of players from all around the world. The amount of time you put into playing The Riftbreaker: Prologue, the mods you created for it, and the great feedback you’ve been providing have all made a difference. We are sure that you will like the final result.”