Electronic Arts and Maxis have announced that life simulator The Sims 4 is celebrating Pride Month by honoring LGBTQ+ Simmers. The company noted that this month and every month, The Sims strives to support its diverse, ever-growing fanbase and is committed to creating the world as it should be, one that is kinder, more connected, and built on representation and equality.
Some of the players celebrated in the official Sims 4 blog are:
- eyAnton (he/him), a Swedish streamer who used The Sims to help him escape gender dysphoria and who always strives to encourage others in the community
- BeyondSims (he/him), a UK-based content creator who used the game to come to terms with his sexuality through positive representation and exploration
- CaroloVazquez (she/her), an Argentinian who experienced same-gender relationship representation in The Sims at a young age and built her community virtually
- Dimissauro (he/him), a Simmer who finally saw realistic LGBTQ+ characters in The Sims, where he found a diverse and comfortable community
- EnglishSimmer (she/her), a member of the runner-up team from The Sims Spark’d, who created the Belong There series that is dedicated to telling LGBTQ+ stories after exploring her own sexuality in-game at a young age