Publisher PQube Limited and developers from Rionix studio have released The Unexpected Quest on Steam. Dive into an adventure with strategy and management elements set in a medieval setting, embark on quests, hunt down treasures and manage your resources as you build, battle, cast magic and brew potions to bring order to the world.
The developers cite Warcraft 3, The Settlers and other classics as the inspiration for The Unexpected Quest.
The Unexpected Quest Features:
- EXPLORE – Strange creatures living in different locations await you. Some of them will help you, others need your help, and others will take a liking to your head…or, rather, your fresh brains. You will visit quiet villages, snow-capped mountaintops, impenetrable forests, and foul-smelling swamps. But one thing will remain the same – adventure awaits you everywhere!
- GATHER RESOURCES – Collect everything that isn’t bolted to the floor! Dwarves don’t mind work, but they won’t lift a finger in an empty stomach. You can’t build a working mill out of mud and sticks, so you’ll have to search for the appropriate materials. Keep food stocked and resources plentiful and your world will expand!
- BUILD – Build bridges over turbulent rivers, build docks in the swamps, repair buildings, and build new ones! Mills will provide food, sawmills will provide building materials, forges will improve equipment – and you can always sell the surplus at the market. Many building styles and colors await you in the game.
- GO QUESTING – The citizens of the world have always had many problems to overcome and quests to embark on. Try to help everyone you can, and reap the rewards of your labours. You can also always count on what’s most important: sincere words of gratitude.
- FIGHT – You can get much further with a kind word and a sword than you can with a kind word alone. Hire experienced soldiers, upgrade their armour and weapons, fight, and conquer. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never been on the receiving end of a Claymore!
- CAST SPELLS – Not enough food or materials? Are your soldiers dying from their wounds? Did the workers decide to create a union? Magic items and potions will remedy the situation! Save up your gold, complete quests, and plunder chests. There are many ways to get magic items!