Gato Studio’s party-based fantasy RPG The Waylanders is coming to Early Access next week. You discover, because you have been untethered from time, that you are able to travel between the Celtic and Medieval eras. Things look pretty different in Galicia under Christianity than they did under Celtic rule. Where are your immortal allies now, and what has become of the souls of your mortal friends, reincarnated? Could the corrupt magicks that interfered during your meeting with the Tuatha have led to the destruction of all the Celtic world held dear? Or was a larger force of politics and religion at fault- or, perhaps, to thank for the changes the world has experienced?
The Waylanders will stay in Early Access until sometime between late 2020 and early 2021. Some limitations you’ll experience playing Early Access:
- Game length: The Waylanders is divided into three acts. The Alpha version includes a part of the first act (~25% of the story).
- Languages: you’ll be able to play in English during the early versions. The final release will include the rest of the available languages: Russian, Simplified Chinese, German, French and Spanish
- Some voices and dialogues are missing.
- Some cinematics are missing, meaning some parts of the story may not be strongly connected in the Alpha.
- Saved games: some major future updates could delete your saved game.
- Combat balance will be improved throughout Early Access
- User experience: expect major changes to adapt the game to players.
- Bugs and game crashes
“The Waylanders is made by RPG lovers. We know there are many more RPG lovers worldwide, and we would like to count on all of you to help The Waylanders grow and improve. Our community is the best and most useful asset we have, and we want to listen to all of you. Early Access allows us to work side-by-side with the community and that’s why we want to release an early version ahead of the final launch. Your feedback will be a game-changer!”