The developers from Gato Studio have shared a new trailer for the upcoming time-traveling fantasy RPG The Waylanders, dedicated to the medieval city of Compostella from Act 2 of the game.
Compostella is a thriving city run by the church where merchants, farmers, and craftspeople all gather under the safety of the cross. But this city is no haven to those connected to the old ways or with magic in their blood. As well as showing an overview of the location, the video also hints at an antagonist of the second act of this mythological RPG.
The Waylanders is a party-based fantasy RPG inspired by the classics such as Dragon Age: Origins and Baldur’s Gate. A lot of the industry’s finest are participating in the creation of the game: Emily Grace Buck, Mike Laidlaw, Inon Zur as well as project consultant Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie. The game is currently available through Steam Early Access program and is frequently updated by the developers.
- Unique, party-based experience that time travels between two distinct eras: Celtic and Medieval
- Story: written by international acclaimed scriptwriters: Emily Grace Buck (Lead Writer) and Mike Laidlaw (Consultant)
- Music by an Emmy award-winner,3 times BAFTA nominee and Fallout’s main theme composer, Inon Zur.
- Multiple endings: choices made in one time period can have dire consequences in the other, meaning players will feel the impact of their decisions in surprising and shocking ways.
- Strategy and innovation: gameplay features unique formations for deep, tactical combat
- Full character customization: 6 basic and 30 advanced classes, 5 playable races based on Celtic mythology and different origins for your character
- Companions: they are an integral part of any RPG experience, and The Waylanders offers a variety of traveling companions that can join you on your journey. The player will be able to talk to their companions in-depth, discover their past, play loyalty missions, and even experience romances with them.