THQ Nordic and the ELEX II team have unleashed an awesome new trailer that showcases combat in the forthcoming action RPG. As described by the developers, players will need to “let fire rain on them, shoot them with guns, bows, rockets, or laser weapons; hack them, slash them, and smite them with your sword, ax, or chainsaw, or whatever weapon suits you best”. Viewers will be treated to a chance to see how they’ll be able to use melee, magic, or ranged combat — or any combination of those — to take down enemies in Magalan. Every weapon can be learned and mastered. Players have the agency to choose how to experience the game.
ELEX II is the sequel to the original “vintage open-world roleplaying game” that was created by the same team behind Gothic and Risen. Players will be making a return to the post-apocalyptic planet first shown in the original game and be able to traverse the world via jetpack or by any other means. It is targeting a March 1, 2022 release date for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. The PC version of the game can be preordered for $49.99 and the console version is $59.99.
- explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who…
- …will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly
- …will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
- …are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
- engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
- experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions
Check out the trailer and then head to the ELEX II official site to learn more.