As a wise professor once said, Good News everybody! Developer Runic Games along with publisher Perfect World Entertainment recently announced their plans to bring Torchlight 2 to consoles this fall. While specific platforms have not been accounted we do know that Panic Button is doing the console porting.
More details will be available at a later date.
About Torchlight 2
Torchlight II is an action role-playing game developed by Runic Games, released on September 20, 2012. It is the sequel to Runic’s 2009 RPG, Torchlight, and features peer-to-peer multiplayer support and extended modding capabilities.
- CHARACTERS – With four classes to choose from, you’ll have a variety of play styles at your fingertips. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make your hero stand out.
- MULTIPLAYER – Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. Our matchmaking service lets you connect and play games with people around the world.
- OPEN WORLD – Explore the vast overworld and multiple hub towns of Vilderan. Fight through rain, snow, day and night. Level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- MOD SUPPORT – Torchlight II supports Steam Workshop, allowing for automatic mod subscription and synchronization. Choose from over a thousand mods and bend the game to your will. Or use GUTS, the Torchlight II editor, to create and share your work with the entire world!
- NG+ – In New Game Plus, the game’s not over until you say it is. Once you’ve beaten Torchlight II’s primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You’ll keep all the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!
- PETS & FISHING – These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.