Following the announcement that Total War: Troy will be coming to Epic Games Store, SEGA and Creative Assembly showed off the first gameplay trailer of the upcoming strategy. The footage dives into the epic battle between Achilles and Hector as they fight to decide the fate of the great city of Troy.
A Total War Saga: TROY will be coming to Epic Games Store on August 13, 2020, and it will be yours to keep for free if you claim it within 24 hours of release. The game will be EGS exclusive for a year and then will be available via Steam starting on August 13, 2021.
ABOUT TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY:
In this legendary age, heroes walk the earth. In an act that shocks the world, audacious Paris, prince of Troy, elopes with the beautiful queen of Sparta. As they sail away, King Menelaus curses her name. He vows to bring his wife home – whatever the cost!
- DIVE INTO GREEK MYTH – Inspired by The Iliad – Homer’s sweeping tale of romance and bloodshed – A Total War Saga: TROY focuses on the historical flashpoint of the Trojan War, bringing the conflict to life as never before.
- EXPERIENCE THE TROJAN WAR – TROY explores this legendary conflict from both the Greek and Trojan perspectives, peeling back the layers of myth and legend to reveal the realities that may have inspired them.
- CHOOSE YOUR HERO – Fight to save or conquer the kingdom of Troy as one of eight iconic heroes, including the infamous warrior Achilles, noble protector Hector, wayward prince Paris and vengeful king Menelaus.
- BUILD A BRONZE AGE EMPIRE – Through Total War’s blend of grand, turn-based empire management and spectacular real-time battles, your actions can turn the tide of the war. Build your empire through strategy, statecraft, diplomacy and all-out war, as you conquer this vast and striking recreation of the Bronze Age Mediterranean.
- FIGHT ALONGSIDE MYTHIC UNITS – Inspired by the famed creatures of Greek myth, you can call mythic units to your aid in the heat of battle, including fighters that resemble the Minotaur, the Cyclops, Giants and Centaurs.